One of inspiring super hero is Spiderman. That also inspired for us who want to make a special birthday cake for our child. Spiderman cake will be wonderful idea. Almost every boy likes that superhero character. To make spiderman cake is not a difficult idea, the main idea is on the spiderman character. Here are some inspirational idea to make spiderman cake.
This Spiderman Cake will have your guests wondering how on earth your cake defies gravity like that without collapsing.
Rice Krispie play dough is the tasty secret behind this Spiderman Birthday Cake trickery. Who knew cereal could be this much fun!
With just a few simple ingredients and these step-by-step directions you’ll be amazing yourself in no time.
You’ll be a super hero when this inspired character cake spins a web of wonderment at your next party.
You need a 10” round cake and an 8” round cake for this Spiderman Cake project.
And don’t forget to pick up some great, co-ordinating party supplies
ingredients for the perfect Spiderman Cake
- Cakes – Classic Moist Chocolate is always perfect
- Filling – Whipped Milk Chocolate Ganache is amazing
- a batch of buttercream
- 1 bag of Red candy melts
- Red candy color
- 1 recipe of Rice Krispie treat mix – see recipe here
- disposable decorating bags or gallon size Ziploc bags
- Ziploc sandwich bag (1)
- #9 round decorating tip
- #4 round decorating tip
- A few toothpicks
- cake dowels or bamboo skewers (the kind you use for kabobs)
- Cake plate or board large enough to display the finished cake
first steps to a successful Spiderman Cake
- bake the cake(s) and cool completely.
- level the cake(s)s and split each into two layers horizontally.
- cut each layer in half to form two semi-circles.
- join 3 x 10” semi-circles together with the filling then stand the shape on it’s side and add 1 x 8” semi-circle on each side.
- Your Spiderman Cake body should now look like this. Place on a large board or plate and secure with a dollop of frosting.
- add a crumb coat – this is a very thin coat of un-tinted buttercream you apply to ‘set’ the crumbs.
- refrigerate the cake(s) while you make Spiderman’s head.
- mix up the following Rice Krispie Treat ® recipe:
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups mini or regular marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies ® or similar cereal (Rice Bubbles etc.)
- in a microwave safe bowl, heat marshmallows and butter until smooth and melted – about three minutes, stirring after two minutes.
- add Rice Krispies ® and mix until well coated with marshmallow butter mixture.
- let sit for about 20-30 minutes until set a little and a handful will hold its shape.
- take some Rice Krispie ® mix and squeeze into an egg shape about 9” high to form the head. Make a nose by adding a adding a little more in the right spot.
- make a cylinder shape about 3 ½” wide x 3” tall for the neck (above, left). Let these set completely.
- cut a piece of skewer about 6” long and insert into the neck (above, center).
- push the head on to the skewer until it touches the neck (above, right).
- melt the red candt melts in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds on high, stir and repeat until completely smooth.
- using the back of a small spoon, coat the head from top to bottom on one side and let set for 10 minutes. Repeat for the other side.
- When the chocolate is set, cut 2 x 5” lengths of skewer and insert them about 1 ½” deep into the neck. These will hold the head in place on the body. Your spiderman head will look like this (above).
Spiderman Cake assembly
- divide the buttercream in to three bowls, with 1/4 cup or so in one, 1 cup in another and the remainder in the third bowl.
- Tint the largest one red, leave the 1/4 cup white and tint the 1 cup black.
- frost the body cake all over with red frosting (below, left).
- using a toothpick, draw the lines for the webs on Spiderman’s suit. Better to mess up now with a toothpick than later with black frosting!
- using the black frosting and a gallon Ziploc bag or a disposable piping bag fitted with a #9 round tip, follow the lines you just made with the toothpick (below, right).
- add the spider on the front of the suit (below,right)
- use a spoon to scoop out an area about 1 ½” deep for the neck to rest in (below, right).
- push the head into the body until the neck touches the bottom of the area you just scooped out.
- draw in the eyes and facial web lines with toothpicks first, just as you did for the body.
- using the black frosting and a gallon Ziploc bag or a disposable piping bag fitted with a #4 round tip, follow the lines you just made with the toothpick, making sure to add a line around the base of the neck where it joins the body.
- using white frosting and a Ziploc sandwich bag with a 1/8″ hole snipped in one corner, fill in the white area of the eyes.
- using a small spatula, spread some red frosting around the cake board, coming right up to the edges of Spiderman.
- pipe a small spider web on the cake board to decorate (optional).
You’re done! Now go get a well deserved cup of coffee and sit back for a few minutes to admire your handiwork. Remember to take a picture while your masterpiece still looks perfect.
Taken from : Spiderman cake